San Diego — October 2018 —— KIC announces that it was awarded a 2018 Global Technology Award in the category of Best Product – Americas for its Smart Factory Starter Kit. The award was presented to the company during a Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2018 ceremony that took place during SMTA International.
Around the world, tens of thousands of factories are considering converting their existing factory into a smart factory, or at least smarter. Many executives find this task overwhelming and fraught with risk. The KIC Smart Factory Starter kit is a low risk/ low cost method to get started on this journey. When implementing the Starter Kit the factory will run into many of the brick walls and challenges that a more complex and far reaching system would. Make your mistakes early and figure out how to overcome the issues while implementing a small and low risk/investment project. And in a matter of days you will be up and running with connected smart ovens, traceability, MES connectivity, real-time thermal process dashboard and much more.
The Smart Factory Starter Kit includes:
- A new smart profiler KIC SPS with an intelligent database structure to enable oven setup suggestions prior to running a single profile.
- An automatic profiling system, KIC RPI
- An intelligent database model software networking all the profilers and ovens in the factory, KIC Vantage. The Vantage provides a real-time dashboard for all oven processes, a search/retrieve and filtering functionality for all thermal process data in real-time and for traceability.
- An intelligent troubleshooting tool
- A cloud based sharing system
Premiering in 2005, the Global Technology Awards program is an annual celebration of product excellence in electronics surface mount assembly. Premier products based on the finest examples of creative advancement in technology are chosen by a distinguished panel of industry experts.