KIC specializes in one thing, and we do it exceptionally well. We provide tools of varying capabilities to help you achieve world-class thermal processes, and we do it easily, quickly, and with no need for you to hire PhD engineers in soldering.
KIC’s core competencies
The cliff notes would read something like this:
We Define – Measure – Improve – Monitor your thermal processes. We can do this manually or automatically, periodically or continuously. We have the industry’s best customer support (don’t just take our word for it ? ask around). And as a result, you can expect the following results from your KIC products:
You will use less of: Production Downtime, Electricity, Rework, Labor
You will have more of: Great Product Quality, Product Support, Productivity, Profit
Finally, KIC lives and breaths its motto: “Innovation that works!” We have institutionalized an extremely innovative culture backed by an oversized R&D budget that continues to introduce game changing technologies and products. Apparently it is not only us who thinks this. Check out our 16 major industrial awards over the last several years.
Let us elaborate.
Managing the thermal process may be broken down into four categories:
- Simple data acquisition profiling
- Verifying how the current process accommodates the required process window
- Adjusting the oven to position the process (product profile) in the “sweet spot” of the process window
- Periodically or continuously making sure that the production runs in the “sweet spot” of the process window.
- Recording the time vs. temperature profile of a product going through a thermal process is easy and does not constitute a particular core competence for KIC. What does represent a core competence for KIC in this “data acquisition” function is our remarkable ease of use software and hardware. The ease of use capability relates to a modern intuitive software user interface in which most of the manual tasks are measured and automated for the user. Daily or weekly profiling tasks can easily be delegated to less experienced personnel.
- Is the process in spec? Similarly to the Richter scale for measuring an earthquake’s strength, KIC has developed a single number structure to measure whether the process is in spec, and how deep in spec. The concept is called Process Window Index (PWI). Regardless of operator experience, language barriers, and other variables, anyone will understand within a fraction of a second the quality of his or her thermal process.
- Adjusting the production machinery (reflow ovens, wave solder machines, curing ovens etc.) to position the profile in the optimal location is done automatically and lightening fast. The user simply selects the optimization criteria: Center of process window – Fastest throughput – Minimum energy use or a combination of these factors.
- Once production starts, the processes will be in flux (no pun intended). The thermal processes in particular are dynamic. Things will change over time due to machine wear and tear, exhaust changes, human intervention, preventive maintenance, and much more. KIC’s technology platform allows for either manual or periodic verification that the process is still in spec, or fully automatic and real-time systems with SPC charting to give you any update, warning or alarm that you may require.
So why KIC?
Because, quite simply, Our products and support will make you more successful in your business -, now and in the future. The KIC difference: Innovation that works.